Bank and Business Organizations Archives - Industrial Archives
Teaching Staff: To be announced
Course Code: ARC404
Course Category: Specific Background
Course Type: Elective
Course Level: Undergraduate
Course Language: Greek
Delivery method: Face to face
Total Hours: 3
E Class Page: https://opencourses.ionio.gr/modules/auth/opencourses.php?fc=26
Banks, Organizations and businesses as archive creators, users and repositories. Nature and particularities of Bank and Business organizations and their archives. Management, and interdisciplinary approach. Utilization of active and historical archives of Bank and Business Organizations. The importance, the preservation and the evaluation of Industrial Archives.
By successfully completing the course the student will be able to realize about the specific nature, the importance and the management of Bank and Business Organizations Archives-Industrial Archives and he will be informed in rescuing and dealing with industrial archives.
Week #1: Banking institutions as creators and records managers.
Week #2: The Bank archives. Typology of documents. Methods and techniques for appraisal, restriction and scheduling information.
Week #3: Records management of public and private enterprises and organizations
Week #4: List of public companies and Organizations. Older organizations which have been p Methods and techniques for appraisal, restriction and scheduling information.
Week #5: Local government institutions (first degree and second degree) as creators, managers of records. Repositories or archives. The municipal authorities.
Week #6: Archives of organizations and enterprises of local government. Peculiarities in nature and in the management. Methods and techniques for appraisal, restriction and scheduling information.
Week #7: Business organizations as creators and records managers. Peculiarities in nature and management of their archives
Week #8: Industrial Archives. Definitions, nature, peculiarities. Presentation of industrial and business organizations (State-private-private). Administrative organization and operation. Production files. Typology of documents.
Week #9: Arrangement, description, accumulation of Industrial Archives.
Week #10: Educational visit to Bank Archives of Corfu (National Bank of Greece, Alpha Bank).
Week #11: Educational visit to Archives of the Corfu municipality.
Week #12: Educational visit to Archives of business organizations of Corfu. (Soapmaking family Patounis).
Week #13: Practical exercises and a general revision.
- Marianna Kolyva, "Archives Science. History of Arcives", Patakis publications, Athens, first edition 2008, third version 2015.
- Marianna Kolyva, "The creation of records in an industrial and business organization", Tekmirion 3 (2001),
- Dimitrios Korsos, "Administrative Law. General Part", Sakkoulas Publications, 4th Edition, Athens-Thessaloniki, 2013.
- Spiliotopoulos, Administrative law, Manual”, Legal Library, Athens 2010
- Anastasios Tachos, “Greek administrative law, ed.: Sakkoulas, Athens-Thessaloniki 2003
- Judith Ellis, "Records management- Archives", Greek Archival Print Company-George Dardanus ', Athens, 2000.
- Mavromati, "Archives of industrial enterprises", Volos, 2000
- Prontzas Evangelos, "Bank’s Archives", text of a lecture seminar, Ionian University, 1995
- Archives of industrial enterprises: management issues. Proceedings of a European seminar: LEONARDO programme in 1995 Athens, December 1996, Working Notebooks 21 (1999)
- Hellenic Bank Association: "Banks archives” edited by Alekos Lidwrikis.
- Committee on Business Archives of the International Council on Archives. Business archives: studies on international practices, Munich, 1983.
- Dartevelle Raymond – Hildesheimer Francoise. Les archives: aux sources de l'histoire des enterprises, Paris, Les editions de l'Epargne 1995.
- Ulfspare A.-Chr., The Management of Business Recods, ICA Handbooks Series, 8, München-New York-London-Paris 1988.
Lectures, practical exercises, educational visits.
Works in conjunction with written exams.